- MPTAAS - MP Tribal Affairs Automation System
- MGNREGA – Soft
- e-Uparjan Project
- SMS Based Monitoring System
- IRCTC SMS for Madhya Pradesh Tourism
- Introducing Mobile Technology
- Paperless News Release System
Tribal Affairs Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh
- Provide an automated system where the beneficiaries can apply for different schemes online instead of applying manually.
- Create registration mechanism with authenticating the details from UIDIA, Samagra and e-district.
- Develop mechanism where the process of application submitted by beneficiaries can be faster including the verification and approval process.
- Develop system for the online payment to beneficiaries and other department accounts.
- Develop Mobile applications for the schemes which can accessed by beneficiaries in more effective manner.
- MIS based reporting system which can be generated dynamically.
- Developed different modules where beneficiaries are now able to apply online instead of having the manual process.
- Made the verification and approval process more effective and easy for department users.
- Developed the Payment module where the sanction order and payment order can be generated online using digital signature.
- Developed DBT Aadhar based payment system, through which the payment can be credited directly to the beneficiaries account in a short span of time.
- Online payment for Post Metric Scholarship module of around 11 Cr. + has been done through DBT.
- Developed separate Tab application for superintendents of hostel to manage the process more effectively.
- Developed the Help Desk system to track the issues and complaints raised by end users.
- Created a system for KIOSK and NGO’s to apply for assisting the beneficiaries for registration and applying for all schemes.
- Online Application filling system.
- Online Verification and Approval Process.
- DBT Payment(Aadhar/Account) in short span of time.
- Assistance to beneficiaries on KIOSK and NGO.
- Help Desk System
MGNREGA – Soft
MPSEDC, Panchayat & Rural Development Dept, GoMP.
- Develop information systems to capture and transmit field level data in a near real time manner for monitoring and management of various field level operations.
- Develop IT applications for internal workflows such as fund top-ups, shelf of projects approvals, financial management and so on.
- Develop a mechanism for documenting and managing business processes, linking processes with IT applications and data, using process documentation to define business requirements and develop training material and so on.
- Develop network and data infrastructure to deploy and govern IT applications and manage data and information for smooth and regular updates to MIS.
- Develop e-infrastructure to interface with banks and other agencies like UIDAI to facilitate online payments to workers and beneficiaries.
- The MGNREGS being an implementation of a national Act is a strong and significant medium of citizen service.
- Employment guarantee is a government service by law and making government services accessible to the citizens in his locality is one of the stated objectives of NeGP vision.
- Within the government ecosystem successful implementation of MGNREGS requires financial inclusion, social inclusion, IT and institutional infrastructure at Panchayat level, identity services, managed network and data services, data and information collaboration with other departments and ministries for convergence requirements and many more domains of national importance.
- Enhanced Transparency.
- Monitoring and better control.
- Efficient utilization of existing infrastructure.
- Reduction in time, efforts & cost incurred.
- Strengthening of Decision Support System.
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, GoMP.
- To strengthen the Procurement operations (under MSP) in the State.
- To develop the unified database of farmers of the state.
- Develop the nearly real-time reporting mechanism at different level.
- To facilitate Farmers of the State for selling grains on MSP.
- Develop the nearly real time alert mechanism for farmers for procurement operations.
- Unified database of more than 15 lacs farmers.
- Benefiting farmers under the Minimum Support Price.
- Benefiting farmers by saving their time; as the due amounts are being transferred directly to their bank accounts.
- Providing near real time data for easy decision making and forecasting to all the stakeholders.
- Providing a transparent and more efficient interface about the procurement in all the districts at a single glance.
- SMS mechanism providing ample time to farmers to make necessary arrangement for wheat selling.
- Develop a system to have better Basic Management arrangements.
- Unified database of the farmers and Centralized MIS of farmers in the State.
- Efficient Monitoring and Control of procurement processes.
- Real time alert mechanism for farmers regarding procurement processes.
- SMS alert mechanism for Farmers (SMS scheduling date-wise).
- System generated orders, receipts and reports.
SMS Based Monitoring System
Rural Development (MGNREGS), Zila Panchayat, Betul.
- To improve the quality in monitoring of daily activities under MGNREGS.
- Providing vigilance on the implementation status of the scheme.
- It provides Decision Support System to the authorities.
- Daily Report of sanction works, works in progress, employment offered on the day and pending wages is received till 12.00 noon on website.
- SMS of all 556 GPs and line departments ensures comprehensive view of the scheme.
- Daily report is analysed at Block level, Zila Panchayat level and progress improvement measures are taken immediately.
- Wage pending status enables us to monitor fund flow. Demand of fund is lying at which level is looked after and immediate action is taken to provide fund to GP so that outstanding wage payments are cleared.
- Viewing statically information of different activities under MGNREGS at a glance is more effective.
- Capturing the Mobile number of sender in application helps authorities to review with the sender.
- It is on public domain so that every citizen can view the status of NREGA works and Labour in numbers.
- In the year 2011-12 in fourth quarter, man days have increased 27.97 lacs to 65.87 lacs and expenditure incurred from 6323.585 lacs to 12997.344 lacs.
- Migration of the Labour decreased due to the continuous monitoring by this system. Timely wage payment is made possible.
- Complaints regarding demand of works and delay in wage payment are reduced. It provides Decision Support System to the authorities.
- It is a low cost application which reduced massive paper work, manpower, time delays and other communication media.
- Collect nearly exact information from the agencies because SMS is received from grass root level, the SMS message is being recorded on public domain and frequently cross checked by authorities.
- Centralized Data collected through this application helps district authority to review with Block authority through Desktop Video Conferencing.
IRCTC SMS for Madhya Pradesh Tourism
Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation.
- Create Awareness about the hotels, and tour packages to the travellers who are travelling to Madhya Pradesh.
- Up sell hotel packages to those who are travelling to Madhya Pradesh.
- The project was targeted at the consumers who are travelling to Madhya Pradesh.
- We targeted the consumers who booked railway tickets to any of the stations in Madhya Pradesh using the IRCTC website.
- Those who have booked a ticket are the low hanging fruits for tour packages and also for the hotels.
- These consumers were given information about Madhya Pradesh through a follow up SMS after they have booked the ticket.
- The users are filtered who booked a ticket to a station in Madhya Pradesh and then sent an SMS to them. SMS works on all phones and has high acceptability.
- Used SMS technology to reach out to the customer and give proper information about destination & MPT Hotels.
- Prior availability of relevant information about the state.
An initiative towards introducing Mobile Technology for maintaining Law & Order
Collector Office, Khandwa District
- To ensure Law and Order situation is maintained at all times and to ensure the pilgrimage to the temple is a comfortable and soothing affair.
- To monitor the crowd at all times from any location using mobile technology and all the district officials being able to monitor the situation simultaneously using their mobile phones.
- To ascertain during festivals that all the arrangements and directives are in place and followed strictly to prevent any mishap.
- The two-pronged approach of getting live feed regarding the crowd management and concurrently generating revenues for the Temple Trust through Public Private Partnership (PPP).
- To ensure that no untoward incidents goes unnoticed as the feeds are also being recorded at the control room.
- The project was conceived when the district administration received applications for transmission of live feed of the Omkareshwar temple on the internet.
- The district administration not only managed to generate Rs 12 lacs for the period of one year for the Temple Trust, but also ensured that the feeds were used as a tool for maintenance of Law and Order.
- After the implementation of this project, effective monitoring of the temple has been ensured 24/7 and numerous trips to the temple during important festivals, which is situated at a distance of 70 kilometre from the district headquarter, have been circumvented.
- By monitoring the situation live, the necessary directives are passed to the concerned officials by the district administration.
- Moreover, all the important officials, such as the Executive Magistrates, have been provided with live feeds on their mobile phones, thus enabling the monitoring of the temple in a more efficient manner.
- Through live feeds and analysing the crowd movement, effective planning is done at the district headquarters itself with the aid of mobile feeds displayed on a large screen in the meeting hall itself.
- An effective continuous monitoring system through mobile feeds has been enabled
- Any terrorist movement can be effectively checked and recorded.
- The images give a clear idea about the situation at any given instant.
- Saving of not only time and effort, but also no running cost of the project since the private player ensures continuous feed.
- Through analysis of crowd movement and live feeds, planning is done at the district headquarter itself.
District Administration, Hoshangabad.
- Improving the monitoring procedure of child health parameters with the use of technology and a re-engineered workflow model that is user friendly and real time.
- Reduction in turnaround time (TAT) and minimal paperwork so that the focus is more on field work.
- Easy quantification of work being done at the Anganwadi, Sector and Block level to improve decision making and to make timely and effective interventions.
- Ensure greater transparency in the working of the entire department by providing performance reports online and through other means to the common citizens and other interested bodies.
- Integrate the entire scheme with the maternal and child health care activities being taken up by the health department.
- Workflow based approach to maintain the same hierarchy and information flow model.
- SMS based automatic alerts and reports to keep the concerned parties informed.
- Automatic escalation of issues from Sector to CDPO to District level.
- All calculations and charting done automatically based on WHO growth charts and other standards leaving the field worker with ample time to concentrate on the field.
- Data captured at a point as near as possible to the source to ensure accuracy e.g. use of Handhelds at NRC.
- Unique exception reports to ensure that redundant/irrelevant/serious cases are highlighted and handled in time. Automatic generation of weight loss and other degradation reports to ensure targeted approach within a specified time.
- Full Hindi support with Unicode.
- The application had won e-World Award in Health category and it was awarded by IT Secretary, Govt. of India in Jul 2011.
- Turnaround time of collection of weight and reporting reduced from over 20-30 days to just 3-4 days.
- Direct intervention is possible as the complete information is available of children's including their history.
- Alerts and exception reports reduce the follow up time from weeks to a few hours.
- Efficiency increased by complete removal of paperwork and cutting down repetitive tasks that provide ample of time for other productive field works.
- Full transparency with online availability of (non-personal) data at the click of a button.
Paperless News Release System
Deptartment of Public Relation, Khandwa.
- To save time and labour in processing news items and other information.
- To make news items editable and clear.
- To save environment by avoiding paper written news articles.
- To offer prompt service to the media offices by giving them ready matter.
- Along with news, transmit photos in original resolution to maintain the original looks and quality.
- Totally paperless method.
- Serving different font users in their own font.
- Huge cost saving in saving multiple photos along with News.
- SMS Alerts for Media Persons.
- In the year 2010-11 around 271 photos were sent to different newspapers for publication. The printing cost or the market value of this photos would have been Rs. 1,08,400/-. Further in the year 2011-12 till 31st July 2011 around 192 photos have been sent to different newspapers, the printing cost of this would have been Rs. 76,800/-. Thus by adapting this electronic mail technology the department has saved Rs. 1,85,200/-.
- In a year around 1275 news were published through this system, and saved 28000 sheets of paper.
- The Paperless News Publishing System also saves the labor cost, the conveyance charges and ensures 24x7 delivery without any hurdle.
- This also saves the time of correspondents and media houses can directly send the news to their counterparts in Bhopal & Indore for publication.
GeoSearch(Geomatics-based Application enabling search in MP)
Panchayat & Rural Development Department, GoMP.
- Built Spatial Geo-database comprising of village/ Panchayat location, major roads, railway, forest & major water bodies etc.
- Integration of attribute data (Census 2001 & Census 2011 (codes), National Panchayat Directory (NPD) etc.)
- Design of Open-ended system under SOA Architecture to make it scalable.
- Development of the enterprise GIS-based system to offer wide range GIS functionality (Distance/ area computation, zoom/ pan & profile of village, print of map etc.).
- Ensure updated data availability through G2G GIS applications for the state with Security of data as per Map Restriction policy of GoI.
- Madhya Pradesh is the first state in the country to offer solution on Public Domain to everyone (Citizens and Govt. etc.).
- Geographical Coverage - All Districts up-to village resolution
- Framework for the Organizations (Govt/ Private) & stakeholders to share & utilize.
- Innovative approach-arrest the re-creation of spatial data, its redundancy & inconsistency.
- Compliance with Government sharing/ restriction policy.
- Open source platform, SOA & OGC Compliant.
- Extensive usage by districts officials for Planning & Decision Making.
- Extensive use in e-Uparjan project of FCS, GoMP.
- Google Map Interface.
- No. of hits around 5000 per month and increasing further.
- Its powerful search engine expedites the process of locating any village on the map along with its profile just by a click.
- Data security is achieved conforming to Map Restriction Policy of GoI.
- This innovative approach arrested the re-creation of spatial data, its redundancy & inconsistency.
- There is facility of overlay of vital spatial features (railway, forest, river etc) which enhances the analysis capability.
- Various Govt. departments (Power utilities, Food & Civil Supplies, Agriculture, Health, Education, Irrigation, Forest, PWD, Disaster Management, Planning, and Railway etc.), District Collectors, CEO Zila Panchayat & other district authorities are also benefited.
Madhya Pradesh Forest Department, GoMP.
- Creation of spatial database of forest land.
- Assist in preparation of Working Plans and maps at desired scale.
- Facilitate Annual Plan of Operation as per working plan.
- Creation of Digital Inventory of Forestry operations over time line.
- Use of inventory for decision making in future planning & in conjunction with Remote sensing data evaluation of impact of the interventions over a time period.
- First in the country to create spatial database of forest land.
- Assisting 14 other State Forest Departments for its replication.
- GeoForest offers rational & scientific approach in the Forestry sector.
- Technology components are industry standards, OGC compliant & from open source community. They are scalable, modular, compatible & platform independent.
- Seamless integration which can be accessed online on internet/intranet
- This innovative approach will arrest the re-creation of spatial data, its redundancy & inconsistency. It has allowed the sharing of data among various Government Departments.
- With the creation of the Geo-Database, GeoForest facilitates forest management towards stock mapping, processing & analysis of forest resource, review & monitoring of working plan, identification of potential forest planning and management areas & measures to be taken & preparation of preparation of forest atlas. This could help achieve not only the desired transparency and easiness in planning process but also facilitates efficient & effective system for forest management owing to its in-built scientific approach and open-ended design.
- Conversion of forest features in digital format ensures the availability of forest stock maps in standard format in future and Updation of maps has become very easy.
- Clear demarcation of forest area and its availability in digital form helps in various land use planning activities and planning processes and also solving land disputes.
- GIS-based planning tool for forest has facilitated holistic view of entire forest up to compartment level for planners and decision makers. Facility for overlapping of various forest layers (forest type, site quality, Age etc.) enables identification of forestry trends and selection of suitable sites for various developmental activities.
- The identification of the demarcated area gives further scope to implement schemes to grow forest and find out reasons for failures and take adequate steps to prevent them. This is helpful to monitor plantations, preparation of forest atlas, work plans & stock mapping.